The chimneys FRP Selip are made of two different construction types
Selip type FW (filament winding frame)
Built using the system for mechanical reinforcement type FILAMENT WINDING.
The fireplace is not self-supporting, but it needs external support.
This solution is appropriate, ranging in diameter from 1 meter to max. 4 meters.
For larger diameters the excessive cost of transportation makes it uncompetitive this technical solution.
The fireplace Selip can be designed and manufactured according to the needs of each individual project.
- Solution 1 - F (flange) With metal tower or inside a tube in existing concrete.In this case it is necessary to set down the whole chimney on the lower block, and provide for flanged sections, with reference guides at various levels.
- Solution 2 - S (solder joint) Always with metal trestle or inside a tube in existing concrete.If the flanges can not be achieved for reasons of space during assembly, in this case it is always necessary to place around the chimney on the lower base, and provision of the sections welded, with reference guides at various levels.
- Solution 3 - B (spigot) With new support truss.In this case it is possible to provide sections with vertical joint cup-shaped, supported from above and guided from below.
Process and size
Selip S.p.A. is not a process' engineering company so does not develop the whole part on the size of the scrubber and makes no warranties to that effect.
Selip S.p.A. is able to develop the technical and commercial offer and then the final design, we start from a preliminary design to be provided by the customer.
Required data to precess the offer
The data required to process the offer are:
Preliminary design with dimensional values,
Design of the supports provided by your metal frame and concrete
Design pressure and working pressure,
Design temperature and the working temperature,
Characteristics of the gases to be treated.
Standard Diameter are Ø 1000, 1200, 1500, 1800, 2000, 2500, 3000, 4000, 4500 mm.
Upon request it is possible to construct smaller diameter as 1000 mm, or Ø 400, Ø 500, Ø 600, Ø 700, Ø 800 mm.
max. working temperature: from +50 up to 180°C
design temperature: from -40°C up to 180°C
emergency temperature: up to 220°C for 30 min. max. 10 cycles/year
FRP Chimney - can be made with sandwich technology and thermal insulation with mineral wool suitable for high temperatures.
The chimneys arrive on site already thermally insulated and ready for installation with significant reductions on the schedule of construction activities.
The main applications are :
-FGD systems at low temperatures and acid condensate which also precious metals can not resist:
SELIP chimneys are designed and manufactured according to the needs of each customer, and can be equipped with the following accessories:
with translucent finish RAL color white or, gray, ivory, green, always with UV-absorber against UV rays
manhole top or on side DN 400, DN 500, DN 600, DN 800
EPDM, PVC or Viton Gaskets
flanged from DN 15 to DN 600, PN 6, PN 10, PN16, DIN, ANSI 150, ANSI 300
support and guidance
Advantages of FRP material
• very high corrosion resistance to fumes containing significant percentages of HCl, H2SO4, and other aggressive chemicals
• absence of maintenance over time
• high mechanical resistance, associated with low weight
• compare to other materials, low cost of handling assembly and installation
• outstanding chemical resistance and weathering
• very low thermal conductivity (insulator)
• excellent resistance to temperature
• low coefficient of linear expansion